Hiring success rate
76% hiring better
Work integrity is an umbrella concept describing attitudes that make it more likely for people to work conscientiously and positively contribute to a culture of honesty, dependability, and authenticity in the workplace. It involves having stricter views regarding wrongful acts and counterproductive work behaviors such as rule-breaking, dishonesty, or drug use. Based on well-researched theories of work integrity and their corresponding measures such as Prosocial Rule Breaking; The Workplace Integrity Scale; and The Counterproductive Behaviour Index, the present instrument assesses a person's work integrity consisting of seven key areas:
1. Honesty – The extent to which individuals are truthful and sincere in the context of work.
2. Dependability – The extent to which individuals keep commitments and fulfill work obligations with care and conscientiousness.
3. Rule-Following – The extent to which individuals tend to embrace rules and regulations at work.
4. Consistent Thought–Action – The extent to which individuals are genuine and act in accordance with their beliefs and value system.
5. Work Ethics – The extent to which individuals adopt just and moral principles when it comes to work.
6. Substance Use – The extent to which individuals endorse the use of illegal substances at work.
7. Aggression – The extent to which individuals are aggressive, hostile, disruptive, and have poor control of their anger.
Counterproductive work behaviors tend to be widespread and incur significant costs for businesses. In contrast, work integrity makes people more likely to act honestly, reliably, and ethically, even when no one is watching. This positively impacts all areas of organizational life, from fulfilling one’s role requirements to decision-making or client interactions. As such, integrity measures used in pre-screening are useful in identifying the extent to which candidates’ attitudes help them be successful on their job and, at the same time, ensure a positive, ethical climate that everyone else can benefit from.
At Hirenest, we’ve assembled a team of accomplished, credentialed experts on a variety of topics to design our tests.
Our test authors include professors and other professionals with advanced degrees from top universities.
You can trust that they’ve developed our tests using strong analytical skills, a fresh perspective on their field, and original thinking.
Test drive our user-friendly assessment platform
Find the right candidates for your teams while expending less effort
Our extensive library of tests shows you just how each candidate will perform on the job.
Assess a wide variety of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Get to know individuals based on their personality.
Hirenest’s equitable ranking system is based upon scientific data and test performance.
Filter out the noise that can lead to bias.
Make smart hiring decisions based on solid evidence, not hunches.
As much as Hirenest benefits your hiring process directly,
it benefits you indirectly by letting you offer your candidates.
Follow these simple steps to design, administer, and utilize pre-employment assessments.